Rain and freeze sensors override your irrigation controls to prevent sprinklers from turning on if it’s raining or below freezing. If you install one, you may qualify for a rebate!
How do I apply?
- Review the rebate application for program guidelines.
- Check to see if your irrigation system was installed more than 3 years ago.
- Purchase and install the rain and freeze sensor. Save your sales receipt, itemized invoices and bar codes!
- Complete the Rain and Freeze Sensor Rebate Application as soon as possible. Your rebate won’t be processed until all paperwork is received.
Can I mail a printed application?
If you prefer to mail your application, please print and complete a Rain and Freeze Sensor Rebate Application. Be sure to enclose the following with your application:
- Copy of original invoice or sales receipt showing date and place of sale, date and address of installation (if performed by vendor or contractor), itemized description of purchase and cost of items; and
- Copy of original proof of purchase with complete barcode (if self-installed)
Mail application and documents to: City of Allen, Attn: R&F Sensor Rebate, 305 Century Parkway, Allen, TX 75013
How much can I save?
If your rebate application is approved, the City of Allen will rebate up to $25 for the purchase and installation cost of a qualifying rain and freeze sensor. The cost may include hardware and installation costs incurred by a licensed plumber.
Is a permit required?
City of Allen does not require an irrigation permit to retrofit an irrigation system for a rain and freeze sensor.
Who qualifies for this rebate?
This program is for owner-occupied residents only; tenant and commercial requests are not eligible.