- Allen Public Library
- Visit Us
- Library Gallery
- Display Case Procedures
Display Case and Community Board Procedures
Community Board Procedures
Refer to policy for what can be posted.
- Posters, signs, and flyers may be posted up to three weeks in advance and may be removed at the Library's discretion without notice.
- Signage may be up to 11" x 17" (exception for City of Allen)
Display Case Procedures
Reserving a Display Case
- Exhibitor may reserve one case one time per year, based on availability; exceptions made at the discretion of Library Director or designee.
- Display cases are booked by the month and may be booked up to one year in advance.
- Specific cased are assigned by Library staff and reserved for Library or City of Allen use.
- The library reserves the right to reassign, cancel or remove displays without prior notice at the Library's discretion.
- Upon display approval, Exhibitor must fill out the Exhibit Loan Agreement Form and provide two contact names and phone numbers plus email, if available.
Scheduling Installation and Removal
- Gallery Coordinators will contact exhibitors two weeks before the month of their display to finalize installation and removal dates.
- Shelves may not be rearranged at time of installation.
- Sizes: Cases 1 & 2 - 112" x 60"; Cases 3-5 - 140" x 60."
- Exhibitor is responsible for providing display supplies for their exhibits. The Library can provide some basic display materials, Please inquire about availability before your installation date.
- Library will provide straight pins to secure items to the back wall of the case.
- No push pins, thumb tacks, T-pins, tape or staples may be used.
- Nothing may be attached to the glass doors, wood floor or ceiling.
- Exhibitor is encouraged to provide descriptive signage and information regarding their exhibit.
Please note: Failure to follow the procedures may result in loss of display privileges.
Printable version of the Display Case and Community Board Procedures.