- Community Development
- Building and Permitting
- Residential Services
Permits are required for home projects like roof repairs, irrigation installation and fence replacement. Whether you'll do the work yourself or hire a contractor, we're here to make the process as easy as possible.
Check Before You Dig: Use Texas811
Whether you're planting a tree or building an office tower, you first must check the location of gas lines and other vital utilities. Get started at Texas811.org or dial 8-1-1.
Doing it yourself?
Complete the homeowner's affidavit before starting your project.
Hiring a contractor?
Protect your property by ensuring your contractor has applied for and received a permit before starting work. Inspections are required!
Need a permit?
Submit all residential permit applications online using the Citizen Self-Service Portal (CSS). Learn how to use CSS
Virtual Inspection Program
Our virtual inspection program is available for occupied residential homes once plans have been filed and approved electronically. The inspection is conducted on video call using a link from your assigned City inspector. No app needed!
The City of Allen requires owners of short-term rental properties to apply for annual rental permits. Learn more and apply.
- Online: Citizen Self-Service Portal (CSS)
- By Phone: 24-hour IVR Hotline
- For same-day cancellations made before 8:30 a.m. on day of inspection, call 214.509.4130
- For all other cancellations, cancel online using the Citizen Self-Service Portal (CSS) or call the 24-hour IVR Hotline
- Residential Construction Packet
- Building Permit Application
- Residential Plan Review Guideline
- Homeowner's Affidavit
Other Permit Forms
- Accessory Structure Plan Review Guideline
- Backyard Chickens Permit Guideline
- Energy Code Compliance / Energy Inspection Form
- Residential Fence Guideline
- Irrigation Guideline
- Patio Cover Plan Review Guidelines
- Swimming Pool and Spa Guideline
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) System Guideline
- Storm Shelter Guideline
- Storm Water Pollution and Prevention Form