Thanks for your interest in donating materials to Allen Public Library! Donations that meet collection criteria may be added to Library inventory. Others are sold at the Friends of the Library book sale or disposed of at the discretion of the Library Director or designee. Proceeds benefit Allen Public Library. Call 214.509.4900 for more information.
Donations are accepted Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Loading Dock on Coats Drive.
- Items left outside the Library and in the Gallery will be discarded.
- The Library will accept two small moving boxes or bankers' boxes per visit.
- Library staff is not responsible for unloading donations.
- Donations are tax-deductible, receipt available upon request.
- The Library cannot appraise or place value on materials received.
Materials accepted for donation
The Library accepts the following materials in good condition. Donations that do not meet criteria are not accepted:
- Books for all ages
- DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs
- Magazines from the past 12 months